My favorite guacamole recipe is kicked up a notch with savory “everything” seasoning. Feel free to add the seasoning in to taste.
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted and mashed
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed, minced (add more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons “Everything” Seasoning Blend, lightly toasted*
- Kosher salt, if needed
- Stir together, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, cilantro, and “everything” seasoning blend with a fork until well combined. Taste, and season with a pinch of two of salt (and/or more “everything” seasoning) if needed.
- Serve immediately, or cover the bowl with plastic wrap (so that the plastic is literally touching the entire top layer of the guacamole) and refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving.
*If using my homemade “Everything” Seasoning Blend, I recommend giving it a quick toast in the oven or in a skillet on the stove before mixing it into the guacamole to help bring out the flavors. Just spread it out on a small baking sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until fragrant. (Keep an eye on it so that nothing burns.) Or toast the seasoning in a skillet over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
**Feel free to also add in 1 roma tomato, cored and diced, if you’d like. I’m not a big fan of tomatoes in my guac, but know that some people love ’em! So if that’s you, go for it. :)