This Fuji Apple Chicken Salad recipe was inspired by Panera Bread, but is simple and delicious to make at home.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 oz.) bag mixed greens
- quarter of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups apple chips
- 1 cup glazed pecans
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup freshly-diced tomatoes (optional)
White Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
To Make The Salad:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then mist it with cooking spray or oil.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil, then season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Or you can add your favorite seasonings.) Place on prepared baking sheet, and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until internal temperature is 160 degrees and the juices run clear. Remove and let chicken cool for at least 10 minutes, then thinly slice or shred.
- Toss the remaining salad ingredients together in a large bowl, and drizzle on your desired amount of vinaigrette. Toss and serve immediately.
To Make The Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until blended.
Inspired by the Fuji Apple Salad from Panera Bread®.