You will love this quick and simple, yet delicious and crisp Favorite Apple Chicken Salad recipe! So healthy, and full of great flavor!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 oz.) bag mixed greens
- quarter of a red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cups apple chips
- 1 cup glazed pecans
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup freshly-diced tomatoes (optional)
White Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (or regular balsamic vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
To Make The Salad:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then mist it with cooking spray or oil.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil, then season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Or you can add your favorite seasonings.) Place on prepared baking sheet, and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until internal temperature is 160 degrees and the juices run clear. Remove and let chicken cool for at least 10 minutes, then slice or shred.
- Toss the remaining five ingredients together, then add your desired amount of vinaigrette. Toss and serve immediately.
- ***All ingredient amounts are approximate. I usually just toss in a little of this, a little of that.***
To Make The Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until blended.
You can take the time to prepare each of these ingredients “homemade”…..or take a few shortcuts. When pressed for time, I’ll often substitute in rotisserie chicken meat, storebought glazed pecans and apple chips.
Inspired by the “Fuji Apple Salad” from Panera Bread®.