This is my favorite gluten-free waffles recipe! It’s quick and easy to prep, made with simple everyday ingredients, and sooo delicious.
- 2.5 cups gluten-free old fashioned oats*
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk (or your favorite milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- toppings: butter (I used Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt) and extra maple syrup
- Add oats to a blender, and blend on high speed for 20-30 seconds, or until they form a flour-like consistency. Add in the baking powder, salt and cinnamon, and pulse for 5 more seconds to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs until smooth. Then whisk in the milk and maple syrup until evenly combined.
- Add the oatmeal mixture to the egg mixture, and stir together until evenly combined. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Then cook the batter according to your waffle maker’s instructions.
- Serve warm, topped with butter and extra maple syrup (or any of your favorite toppings).
*Most old-fashioned oats sold in stores are gluten-free, but be sure to check on the packaging to see that they are certified gluten-free just to be sure.