My favorite holiday green salad features a festive mix of seasonal ingredients and a delicious shallot vinaigrette.
- 10 ounces greens (I used half arugula, half little gems)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium pomegranate (about 1.5 to 2 cups arils), separated
- 1 cup walnut halves, roughly chopped and toasted
- 2/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, separated
- 1 batch shallot vinaigrette
- Toss the salad. Combine the greens, apple, avocado, fennel, half of the pomegranate arils, walnuts, and half of the Parmesan in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle evenly with the shallot vinaigrette and toss gently until evenly combined.
- Serve. Serve immediately, garnished with the remaining pomegranate arils and Parmesan and a few twists of freshly-ground black pepper. Enjoy!