This Feel-Good Fall Salad recipe is made with the most delicious collection of vibrant, seasonal, simple ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh arugula or baby kale
- 1 avocado, peeled, diced and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (or feta or blue cheese)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or finely-minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- To Make The Dressing: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl (or shake together in a mason jar) until combined. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- To Roast The Potatoes: Heat oven to 400°F. Spread the diced sweet potatoes out on a medium baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, and toss until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated. Season the sweet potatoes generously with salt and pepper. Then bake for about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned/caramelized around the edges.. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- To Assemble The Salad: Once the sweet potatoes are ready to go, add them to a large serving bowl along with the arugula, avocado, goat cheese, nuts and cranberries. Drizzle with the dressing, and toss until combined. Serve immediately and enjoy!