This classic French 75 cocktail recipe is made with champagne, gin, fresh lemon juice, and lightly sweetened with sugar (or honey) simple syrup.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 ounces chilled dry champagne
- lemon twist
- Combine the gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup together in a cocktail shaker with a few pieces of ice. Cover with a lid and vigorously shake for a few seconds to combine.
- Strain the mixture into a champagne flute and top with champagne.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a lemon twist if desired.
To make simple syrup, bring equal parts water and sugar (or honey) to a boil in a small saucepan (or in the microwave), and whisk for about 30 seconds or until the sweetener has dissolved. Remove from heat and refrigerate to cool.
Here’s a video tutorial for how to make a lemon twist.