This French Potato Salad recipe is made with lots and lots of fresh herbs, a zippy lemon-garlic vinaigrette, and zero mayo!
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 small cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh French herbs (rosemary, chives, tarragon, thyme, dill, or a combo)
- Place the diced potatoes in a large stockpot and add enough water so that the potatoes are covered by 1 inch. Cook over medium-high heat until the water reaches a boil. Then reduce heat to medium to maintain the simmer, and continue cooking the potatoes for 5-8 minutes or until the potatoes pierce easily with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Once the potatoes are ready to go, combine them in a large serving bowl with the dressing, shallot and fresh herbs. Toss gently until evenly combined.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed, to taste. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to chill.
- Serve chilled, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.