This Ginger Lime Pork with Coconut Rice recipe comes together in just 30 minutes and is bursting with savory, sweet, fresh flavors.
- 1 batch coconut rice*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, or more/less to taste
- fine sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- toppings: chopped peanuts, extra lime wedges, chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, mint, and/or Thai basil)
- Cook the coconut rice. Prepare the coconut rice as directed.
- Sauté. While the rice is cooking, heat the oil over high heat in a large sauté pan. Add the white parts of the scallions, garlic, ginger and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the pork and use a wooden spoon to stir and break it up as it cooks.
- Add the sauce. Once the pork is no longer pink, add in the brown sugar, lime juice, sriracha and stir until evenly combined. Let the pork continue to cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes or until it caramelizes on the bottom. Stir, then let the pork cook undisturbed for 1-2 more minutes or until it caramelizes on the bottom.
- Season. Taste and season with salt and pepper and/or extra sriracha as needed.
- Serve. Serve warm over the coconut rice, garnished with your desired toppings. Enjoy!
Rice: If coconut rice isn’t your thing, no worries! This recipe will still be delicious if served with plain white or brown rice.