This Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts, Chicken Sausage and Kale Pesto recipe is quick and easy to make, so flavorful, and absolutely delicious!
- 1 batch Kale Basil Pesto (see below)
- 1 pound dry gnocchi (I used DeLallo Mini Potato Gnocchi, or you can use Gluten-Free Gnocchi)
- 1 pound chicken sausage (I used a spicy Italian variety)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
Kale Basil Pesto Ingredients:
- 2 cups packed chopped kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
To Make The Gnocchi:
- Prepare Kale Basil Pesto according to instructions below.
- Cook the gnocchi in a large stockpot of salted boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, cook the chicken sausage in a saute pan according to package instructions. Once it has finished cooking, transfer the sausage to a separate plate and slice it on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces.
- In the same saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts and saute for 5-6 minutes, stirring and flipping occasionally, until it is cooked through and begins to brown. Remove from heat.
- Combine gnocchi, Brussels sprouts and Kale Basil Pesto in the stock pot, and toss until combined. Serve warm, garnished with extra Parmesan cheese if desired.
To Make The Kale Basil Pesto:
- Add kale, basil, walnuts, Parmesan, salt and garlic to a food processor, and pulse until combined. Drizzle in the olive oil, while still pulsing the food processor, until the pesto is smooth. Serve.