This Grapefruit Margarita recipe is delicious and oh-so-refreshing when made with fresh grapefruit juice.
- 2 ounces freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila, silver or reposado
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau (or any orange liqueur)
- 3/4 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice
- agave nectar for sweetening, to taste
- optional: lime wedge and salt for rimming the glass
- If you would like salt-rimmed glasses, begin by running a lime wedge (the juicy part) around the top rim of a glass. Fill a shallow bowl with salt, and dip the rim in the salt until it is covered with your desired amount of salt. Set aside.
- Add grapefruit juice, tequila, lime juice and Cointreau to a cocktail shaker, and shake or stir until combined. Taste, and if you would like it to be sweeter (most people do!), stir in a half teaspoon of agave, and then repeat as needed until the mix reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Fill glass with ice. Pour in the margarita mixture over the rocks. Serve immediately, garnished with an extra lime or grapefruit wedge if desired.