These green bean bundles are tossed with a rosemary honey garlic butter, wrapped in prosciutto, and sprinkled with freshly-grated Parmesan. See notes above for potential other ingredient variations to try!
Green Bean Bundle Ingredients:
- 1 pound fresh green beans (I used haricot vert), ends trimmed
- 5 ounces prosciutto or jamón serrano (at least 8 slices)
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
Honey Garlic Butter Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Blanch the green beans. Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and boil for 2 minutes or until bright green. Use a strainer or tongs to quickly transfer the green beans to a large bowl of ice water and submerge the green beans until completely chilled. Drain the ice water completely, then use a clean towel to lightly dry off the green beans.
- Prep the honey garlic butter. Combine the butter, honey, rosemary and garlic powder in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the butter and honey are completely melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prep the oven and baking sheet. Heat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Assemble the bundles. Using the same large mixing bowl, toss the green beans with 1/4 cup of the butter mixture until evenly combined. Portion the green beans into 8 equal-ish sized bundles (about 9 or 10 green beans per bundle), then gently wrap each bundle in a slice of prosciutto. Place the bundles evenly on the baking sheet. Brush with the remaining butter, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes, or until the prosciutto and green beans reach your desired level of crispiness.
- Serve. Serve immediately, garnished with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Make-ahead instructions: To prep most of this recipe in advance, assemble the bundles through step 4. Refrigerate the bundles in a sealed container for up to 24 hours. Then bake just before serving as directed.