This Green “Julius” Smoothie recipe is inspired by the classic creamy orange smoothie, but lightened up with fresh and healthy ingredients.
- 2 large naval oranges, zested* and peeled
- 1 cup almond milk, frozen into ice cubes
- 1 large handful fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (or your desired sweetener)
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Purée until smooth.
- Taste, and add extra sweetener if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*ORANGE ZEST: Just to be clear, I recommend zesting the oranges (and adding the zest to your blender) for extra flavor. Then peel your oranges, discard the peels, and add the remaining whole oranges to the blender.
**BLENDER: If you do not have a high-speed blender, I recommend pureeing the oranges first so that you can have a liquid in the base of the blender. Then add the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
STRAWS: For anyone interested, I used these gold paper straws in the photos above.