My favorite recipe for homemade hot chocolate!
- 4 cups milk (any kind)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa (I prefer dark cocoa)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- tiny pinch of salt
- (optional toppings: marshmallows and chocolate syrup)
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until scalding (not boiling!), stirring occasionally. Whisk in sugar, cocoa, vanilla extract and salt until combined.
- Serve hot topped with marshmallows and chocolate syrup, if desired.