This homemade hot honey recipe is quick and easy to make with 3 ingredients and can be used in countless delicious ways!
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes or 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Simmer. Add the honey and crushed red pepper flakes (or jalapeño slices) to a medium sauté pan or saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the honey very lightly begins to simmer. Give the mixture a quick stir to combine, then remove pan from the heat.
- Rest. Let the mixture rest for 10 to 15 minutes so that the flavors can infuse.
- Taste. Give the honey a quick taste to test the heat level. If you would like a spicier honey, you’re welcome to add more red pepper flakes (or jalapeño slices) and/or let the mixture continue to infuse for longer.
- Strain. Once the honey has reached your desired heat level, strain the honey through a fine mesh strainer into a clean storage jar. Stir in the apple cider vinegar until evenly combined.
- Serve or store. Use the honey immediately or see instructions below for storage instructions.
Storage instructions: To store hot honey, let it cool to room temperature. Then place a lid on the jar and store at room temperature for up to 3 months. (If using fresh peppers, such as jalapeños, you will need to instead keep the hot honey in the refrigerator, where it can be stored for up to 1 week.)