Learn how to make fried eggs 4 ways — sunny-side-up, over-easy, over-medium, or over-hard — with this simple step-by-step video tutorial and recipe!
- 1–3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter or oil
- Carefully break an egg into a small bowl. (Repeat later if cooking multiple eggs.)
- Heat oil in a large (and preferably non-stick) sauté pan over medium heat. Once the pan is fully heated, carefully pour in the egg, and let it cook until the whites are completely set but the yolks are still soft. Remove immediately and serve for sunny-side-up eggs.
- Or, flip the egg over and cook for an additional 10-30 seconds for over-easy eggs, or 30-60 seconds for over-medium eggs, or 1-2 minutes for over-hard eggs.
- Remove and serve immediately, seasoned with salt and pepper if you’d like.