Learn how to make pesto with this classic fresh basil pesto recipe. It’s easy to make in the blender or food processor with just 5 main ingredients, and so fresh and delicious!
- 3 cups lightly-packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt*
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper together until finely-chopped.
- With the food processor or blender still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it is completely combined. Pause the food processor or blender and scrape down the sides, then pulse again until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve immediately. Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Salt: If you are using iodized table salt, I recommend using just 1/2 teaspoon. Then you can always add more salt if needed.