Grab your mixer, a carton of cream, a teaspoon of sugar and vanilla…and in 5 minutes, you can be enjoying this fresh, homemade whipped cream recipe.
- 1 cup heavy cream, thoroughly chilled
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (add more/less to taste)
- Chill your mixing bowl and beaters by placing them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before using. (A whisk attachment is preferable, but normal beaters work well too.)
- When you’re ready to make the whipped cream, remove the bowl and beaters at attach them to the stand mixer. Pour in the cream and sugar. Then mix the cream on low speed for about 15 seconds (otherwise you’ll get splashed!). Then increase speed to high, continuing to mix until soft peaks form.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1-2 hours.