This unforgettable Italian Chopped Salad is full of fresh tomatoes, basil, Romaine, Pecorino, a rich balsamic glaze…and “sprinkled” with some surprise ingredients!
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces Pecorino* cheese, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped or julienned fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- balsamic glaze, homemade or store-bought
- Combine Romaine, tomatoes, cheese, basil, and sunflower seeds in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle evenly with lemon juice and olive oil, then toss to combine. Sprinkle evenly with the everything bagel seasoning and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, and toss to combine once more.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with a generous pour of balsamic glaze.
*Some substitutes for Pecorino cheese could include Asiago, Manchego, Mozzarella, Provolone, or even a mild Parmesan. In my opinion, an aged/salty cheese works best here.