This Italian Potato Salad recipe is loaded up with lots of savory antipasto ingredients, tossed in a zesty Italian vinaigrette, and is so flavorful and hearty and delicious! See notes above for possible ingredient variations.
Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 2.5 pounds Yukon gold or red potatoes
- 2 large handfuls fresh baby arugula
- 2 cups baby mozzarella balls
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (12-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 cup diced Italian salami (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- half of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped fresh basil leaves
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Italian Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Place the diced potatoes in a large stockpot and add enough water so that the potatoes are covered by 1 inch. Cook over medium-high heat until the water reaches a boil. Then reduce heat to medium to maintain the simmer, and continue cooking the potatoes for 5-8 minutes or until the potatoes pierce easily with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl (or shake vigorously in a mason jar) until evenly combined.
- Once the potatoes are ready to go, combine them in a large serving bowl with the dressing, arugula, mozzarella, tomatoes, artichokes, salami (if using), olives, onion and basil. Toss gently until evenly combined.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed, to taste. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Or cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours and then serve the potato salad chilled.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a sealed container for up to 3 days.