This easy kale salad recipe only takes 5 minutes to make with 5 easy ingredients, and tastes great with just about everything! Feel free to adjust the proportions of any of the ingredients below, to taste, and see notes above for optional ingredient add-ins too.
- 1 bunch (about 5 ounces) kale, roughly chopped with tough stems discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Add the kale to a large mixing bowl and drizzle evenly with the olive oil. Using your fingers, massage the oil into the kale for 1-2 minutes until the kale has softened.
- Add in the lemon juice, Parmesan and almonds. Toss until evenly combined.
- Taste and season with however much salt and black pepper that you’d like, then toss once more until combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!