This lemon basil gnocchi with zucchini recipe is made with a cozy garlic butter sauce and comes together in just 20 minutes. Feel free to add in some chicken or shrimp too, if you’d like!
- 1 (1-pound) package of uncooked gnocchi
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large zucchini (about 1.5 pounds), diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 2/3 cup roughly-chopped fresh basil leaves, plus extra for topping
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Prep the water. Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil for the gnocchi.
- Sauté the veggies. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and sauté for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until nearly cooked through and tender. At this point, go ahead and add the gnocchi to the boiling water. Then meanwhile, add the garlic to the zucchini and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring the mixture frequently, until fragrant. Remove sauté pan from heat.
- Mix together. Once the gnocchi float to the top of the surface of the boiling water, use a strainer to transfer them to the sauté pan with the zucchini mixture. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, lemon juice, Parmesan, basil, plus a few twists of black pepper and toss until evenly combined. If the mixture seems a touch dry, add in 1/4 cup (or more) of the starchy gnocchi water.
- Season. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve. Serve immediately, garnished with extra Parmesan, fresh basil and black pepper. Enjoy!