My favorite lentil salad recipe is made with cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, fresh mint and a zippy lemon dressing. Super simple to make, and so light and refreshing!
Lentil Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup uncooked lentils (either green, French green or brown lentils), rinsed and picked over
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup diced and drained sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Cook the lentils. Combine the lentils in a saucepan with 3 cups of water (or veggie broth) and stir to combine. Cook over medium-high heat until the broth reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and maintain the simmer until the lentils are tender, about 20-25 minutes depending on the type of lentils used. Use a strainer to drain and rinse the lentils in cold water for 1 minute until they are chilled, and set aside.
- Mix the dressing. Meanwhile, as the lentils are cooking, combine all of the lemon dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Combine. Add the cooked and chilled lentils, cucumber, red onion, mint and sun-dried tomatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle evenly with the lemon dressing and toss until evenly combined.
- Serve. Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3-4 days.