Learn how to make frozen spinach cubes with this easy method! They’re perfect for green smoothies, or any other recipe that calls for pureed spinach.
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach*
- 2/3 cup coconut water (or water)
- Add spinach and coconut water to a blender, and puree until smooth. If the mixture seems too thick, add in extra coconut water.
- Pour the spinach mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
- Use immediately, or transfer to a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
*Feel free to substitute kale, Romaine, arugula, chard, or other greens you like to add to smoothies in place of spinach (or combined with spinach).
Prep time does also not include freezing time. This depends on your freezer, but mine generally take about 4 hours to completely freeze.