This delicious Maple Cranberry Sauce recipe is quick and easy to make in about 10 minutes. See notes above for possible variations and ingredients that you can also add in.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- juice and zest of one fresh orange (about 1/4 cup juice)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir to combine.
- Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture reaches a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and reached your desired consistency. (Keep in mind that it will also thicken a bit more as it cools.)
- Taste and add extra maple syrup, if needed.
- Serve warm. Or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.