These Mole Chicken Tacos are made with my favorite shortcut 20-minute mole sauce, and they are full of the best rich and zesty flavors! Feel free to swap roasted cauliflower for the chicken to make them vegetarian/vegan if you prefer.
- 1 batch holy mole sauce
- 4 cups (about 2 pounds) diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 8–10 small flour or corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 fresh limes, cut into wedges
- toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, diced red or white onions, sliced radishes, and/or crumbled cotija cheese
- Cook the mole sauce. Prepare the mole sauce according to recipe instructions.
- Toss the chicken. Once the mole sauce is ready to go, reserve 1 cup of the sauce to the side for later. Then add the remainder of the sauce to a large mixing bowl with the chicken, and toss the chicken until it is evenly coated.
- Assemble the tacos. Fill the tortillas with a generous scoop of the chicken, drizzle with a spoonful of extra mole sauce, top with avocado, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and whatever other toppings sound good to you.
- Serve. Then serve and enjoy while the tacos are warm!