This Mulled White Wine recipe is easy to make, great for entertaining, and so warm and comforting and delicious.
- 2 (750 ml) bottles of dry white wine
- 2 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup brandy (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey or sugar
- 16 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- optional garnishes: citrus slices (orange, lemon and/or lime), extra cinnamon sticks, extra star anise
- Combine all ingredients in a non-aluminum saucepan, and bring to a simmer (not a boil — you don’t want to boil the alcohol out!) over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours. Strain, and serve warm with your desired garnishes.
- *You can also place the oranges, cloves, cinnamon, and star anise in a cheesecloth. Then simply strain and pull out the bundle when ready to serve.