These Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps are quick and easy to make, they’re naturally sweetened with honey and orange juice, and they are SO fresh and delicious!
Orange Sauce Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup not-from-concentrate Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice (I used the “Some Pulp” variety, but any will do)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- (optional: 1-2 teaspoons sriracha, added to taste)
Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients:
- 1 batch orange sauce (see above)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts*, cooked and then finely-chopped (about 2.5 cups cooked)
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 8–10 Bibb lettuce leaves
- toppings: slivered or chopped toasted almonds, toasted sesame seeds, (extra) thinly-sliced green onions
To Make The Orange Sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large saute pan (or you can whisk it together in a smaller bowl and then add it to the saute pan) until combined, adding sriracha if desired to taste.
- Turn the stove burner to medium-high, and heat the sauce until it reaches a simmer, stirring occasionally. After it simmers for about a minute, the sauce should thicken. Then it will be ready to use with the recipe.
To Make The Orange Chicken Lettuce Cups:
- Prepare orange sauce as directed above.
- Once it’s ready, stir the chicken, diced orange, water chestnuts, and green onions into the sauce until combined. Continue cooking over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes until all of the ingredients are warmed through.
- Remove from heat, and portion the chicken mixture into the lettuce cups. Sprinkle with your desired toppings, and serve immediately.
*You could also use ground chicken for this recipe. Or if you’d like to skip the cooking, feel free to chop up a rotisserie chicken.