This simple Orange, Fennel and Avocado Salad recipe is tossed with fresh greens and mint, toasted almonds, and a quick honey-citrus dressing. Feel free to add some chicken, shrimp or salmon if you’d like, too!
- 5 ounces spring greens
- 4 clementines*, peeled and separated
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- half of a small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup loosely-packed fresh mint leaves
- 2/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- Make the dressing. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl (or shake all ingredients together vigorously in a sealed jar) until completely combined.
- Toss the salad. Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl, drizzle evenly with the dressing, and toss until combined.
- Serve. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Oranges: Feel free to instead use a few segmented navel (or blood) oranges in place of the smaller clementine mandarins. Or you are welcome to use canned mandarin oranges instead too.