This Thai Pad See Ew recipe is quick and easy to make at home, easy to customize with your favorite protein, and so sweet and savory and delicious!
- 12 ounces (dry) rice stick noodles
- 2 Tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces*
- 5 cups (packed) Chinese broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces with the stems and leaves separated
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- stir-fry sauce (see below)
- (optional: fried garlic, lime wedges, for serving)
- 3 Tablespooons dark sweet soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (regular) soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2–3 teaspoons sugar or honey
- optional: 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, to taste
To Make The Stir-Fry:
- Prepare noodles al dente according to package instructions. (Or if there are no instructions, I recommend placing the noodles in a large mixing bowl and pouring boiling water on top of them until they are submerged. Wait 3-5 minutes until they are soft and al dente, then drain the water and set the noodles aside until ready to use, breaking them up with your fingers so that they don’t stick together.)
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large saute pan or wok over high heat. Stir in the chicken and Chinese broccoli stems and garlic and cook for 4-6 minutes, flipping and stirring occasionally, until the chicken is just cooked through. (The chicken should be no longer be pink on the inside.) Transfer the mixture to a separate plate and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil to the saute pan or wok. Add the eggs, and quickly scramble them, stirring occasionally, until they are cooked. (Alternately, you can also scramble the eggs beforehand and set aside until ready to use, or cook them simultaneously in another saute pan, if your current pan isn’t big enough.)
- Add in the remaining 2 teaspoons oil, the cooked noodles, chicken and broccoli stems, broccoli leaves, stir-fry sauce, and give the mixture a good toss until everything is combined. Continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes, tossing frequently. Taste, and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately, with optional garnishes if desired.
To Make The Stir-Fry Sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. If you’d like to add in some heat, add in 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce to taste.