This peaches and meringue recipe is quick and easy to make, dairy-free, and perfect for summertime!
- 2 large ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 3 tablespoons granulated white, divided
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- optional toppings: crushed graham crackers, chopped nuts, granola, caramel sauce, etc.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Places peaches, cut side up, on a baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon sugar per peach half. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until tops begin to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add egg white with a pinch of salt to a mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer (or a hand blender also works well) on medium-high speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, beating briefly until the meringue holds stiff, glossy peaks.
- Place a dollop of meringue on each peach half and return to the broiler for 10-15 seconds. Turn off broiler and leave peaches in oven just until tips of meringue are browned, 20-30 seconds. (Watch very carefully so that the meringue does not burn.)
- Serve immediately, garnished with any extra toppings if you would like, and enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted from Gourmet.