My favorite pear salad recipe that’s easy to make with avocado, gorgonzola, candied walnuts…and always a crowd fave!
- 5 ounces salad greens, chopped (I used half baby arugula, half little gem lettuce)
- 2 large ripe pears, diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces candied walnuts* (I made a half batch of this recipe)
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
Dijon Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette: Add the vinaigrette ingredients to a mason jar, cover, and shake vigorously for 10 seconds until combined. (Alternately, you can whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.)
- Toss the salad: Add salad greens, pears, avocado, red onion, candied walnuts and gorgonzola cheese to a large salad bowl. Drizzle evenly with the vinaigrette, then toss until combined. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve: Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Candied Walnuts: If you are short on time or would like the salad to be a bit less sweet, feel free to just toast the walnuts for a few minutes in a skillet or in the oven (instead of baking them with the candy coating). I also briefly chopped my candied walnuts before adding them to the salad.