This delicious Pineapple Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry is quick and easy to make, and full of the best sweet and savory fresh flavors!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or olive oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (with ends trimmed off)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 batch stir-fry sauce (see below)
- toppings: thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds
Stir-Fry Sauce Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons sriracha (if you’d like a spicier sauce)
To Make The Stir-Fry:
- Season the chicken with a few pinches of salt and freshly-cracked black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. Transfer chicken with a slotted spoon to a separate plate, and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, and add the bell pepper, onion and asparagus. Saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the veggies reach your desired level of doneness. (I saute until the onion is almost completely soft; I like it just a little bit crispy in a stir-fry.) Then add in the ginger, garlic and pineapple, and toss to combine. Saute for 1-2 more minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the chicken back in, then stir in the sauce and let it cook for 1-2 minutes or until it has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm, garnished with your desired toppings. Or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To Make The Stir-Fry Sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.