This cozy potsticker soup recipe comes together in just 25 minutes and is easy to customize with your favorite dumplings and veggies.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated or minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 16 to 20 ounces frozen potstickers
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced and divided
- 3 baby bok choy, ends trimmed off and leaves separated
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- freshly-ground black pepper
- optional toppings: chili crisp, toasted sesame seeds, furikake seasoning, fried garlic
- Sauté. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 1-2 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Simmer. Add the vegetable broth and soy sauce and stir to combine. Continue heating until the broth reaches a boil. Add the frozen potstickers, half of the scallions, bok choy and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the potstickers are cooked. Stir in the sesame oil and a few twists of freshly-ground black pepper. Taste and season with additional soy sauce or black pepper if needed.
- Serve. Serve immediately, generously garnished with the remaining scallions and any extra toppings that sound good.