A fun recipe for easy pretzel-crusted chicken nuggets.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, whisked (or you can substitute 3 egg whites)
- 2 cups finely-crushed pretzels (I used Pretzel Crisps)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized (about 1-inch) pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet (or you may need two) with aluminum foil.
- Whisk together flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. In a separate bowl, add the two whisked eggs. Then in a third bowl, add the crushed pretzels. This will be your assembly line for the nuggets.
- Take a piece of chicken and dip it in the flour mixture until it is evenly covered. Then dip it in the eggs, and then in the crushed pretzels, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake nuggets for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. (Cooking time can depend on the size of your nuggets). Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.