This restaurant-style salsa recipe is easy to make, and full of amazing fresh flavor.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fire-roasted tomatoes, drained if you like a thicker salsa
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 bunch (about 2 cups loosely-packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed (and seeded, if you want less heat)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth, or your desired consistency is reached. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- If you want it extra spicy, add in the entire jalapeño with seeds, or even add in two jalapeños. (Or if you want it less spicy, you can leave out the jalapeño seeds, or omit the jalapeño entirely.)
- If you want it extra smoky, add in 1-2 chipotles in adobo sauce.
- If you want it extra fresh and tangy, add in extra lime juice.