You will love this Roasted Beet, Arugula, Goat Cheese & Honey Crostini recipe. It’s bright, healthy, and packed full of vitamins!
- 1 baguette or loaf of bread, sliced thin
- 4 medium-sized beets, peeled and diced (I used half red, half golden beets)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. goat cheese (plain or herbed)
- 3 Tbsp. milk or cream
- 2 cups baby arugula
- honey, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In separate mixing bowls (so that the colors do not bleed), toss each color of the diced beets with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Spread each color of beets in an even layer on half of the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove and set aside.
- Lower oven heat to 350. Then spread out bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until toasted. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the goat cheese and milk in a small bowl until well-blended. Add more milk if you would like a thinner consistency for spreading.
- Assemble the crostini by spreading a dollop of the goat cheese mixture on a piece of toasted bread, and then top with arugula and diced roasted beets. Drizzle with honey and serve.
To save time, I also tried putting the slices of bread in the oven while the beets were cooking, which was great. Just be sure to keep an eye on them as they will cook much more quickly at the higher temperature!