This Roasted Butternut Squash, Kale and Cranberry Couscous is quick and easy to make, and is delicious when enjoyed hot or cold.
Couscous Salad Ingredients:
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 cup dry Israeli (pearl) couscous*, cooked in water according to package instructions
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (from DeLallo Salad Savors)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (from DeLallo Salad Savors)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (from DeLallo Salad Savors)
- easy orange vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed orange juice
- pinch of salt and black pepper, to taste
To Make The Couscous Salad:
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss cubed butternut squash with olive oil. Sprinkle with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, and toss until combined.
- Spread the butternut squash out in an even layer on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip the squash for even cooking. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the squash is tender and slightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven and transfer back to the large mixing bowl.
- Add couscous, kale, cranberries, walnuts, goat cheese, and vinaigrette, and toss to combine.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
To Make The Vinagirette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.