This Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpea and Arugula Salad is a fresh and feel-good salad that’s bound to be a hit, especially when tossed with my favorite tahini dressing.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 5 ounces fresh arugula
- 1 large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- extra lemon wedges, for serving
Dreamy Tahini Dressing:
- Prep the oven and baking sheet. Heat oven to 425°F. Mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Prep the cauliflower and chickpeas. In a large bowl, add the cauliflower florets, chickpeas, oil, sea salt, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and black pepper. Toss gently until combined, then pour the mixture out onto the baking sheet and spread out in an even layer.
- Bake. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until the cauliflower is tender and slightly charred around the edges. Transfer the pan to a wire cooling rack.
- Make the dressing. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or mason jar, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, and 2 tablespoons warm water until smooth. Add extra warm water as needed, until the dressing reaches your desired consistency, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish the salad. In a large bowl or serving plate, combine the arugula, avocado, red onion, pine nuts, roasted cauliflower and chickpeas. Drizzle evenly with the tahini dressing, serve with extra lemon wedges for squeezing, and enjoy!