This simple green salad is loaded up with zesty roasted chickpeas, cucumber, avocado, feta cheese, fresh herbs, and a tangy lemon vinaigrette.
- 1 batch roasted chickpeas
- 10 ounces Romaine or little gem lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 ounces mini cucumbers (or half of an English cucumber), sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large avocado, diced
- half of a small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed or minced
- Make the vinaigrette. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl (or shake all ingredients together vigorously in a sealed jar) until completely combined.
- Toss the salad. Combine half of the chickpeas, lettuce, cucumbers, feta, avocado, red onion, mint and dill in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle evenly with the prepared vinaigrette and gently toss until combined.
- Serve. Serve immediately, garnished with the remaining crispy chickpeas, and enjoy!
Prep time: The prep time listed above is to prepare the chickpeas for roasting. The prep time for the remainder of the salad is included within the amount of time that the chickpeas bake (although it will likely take much less than 45 minutes to prep).