This oven roasted chickpeas recipe is super-simple to make and irresistibly crispy and delicious!
- Prep oven and baking sheet. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse, drain and dry the chickpeas. Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly in a colander until they are no longer foamy and the water runs clear. Drain thoroughly. Spread the chickpeas out on a clean towel and rub the chickpeas thoroughly with the towel to dry them off as much as possible, discarding any skins that happen to fall off while drying.
- Season. Transfer the chickpeas to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle evenly with the olive oil, then sprinkle on the sumac, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss gently until evenly coated.
- Bake. Spread the chickpeas out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, pausing to shake the pan briefly at the 15- and 30-minute mark, or until the chickpeas feel dry and crispy to the touch. (Although please note that they will continue to crisp up even more as they cool after baking.)
- Serve. Serve immediately, or store in a jar or bowl uncovered (or lightly covered with a thin kitchen towel or paper towel) at room temperature for up to 3 days.