My favorite everyday salad dressing recipe that goes with just about anything! Feel free to double or triple the batch size if needed.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed or minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Combine ingredients. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl (or shake all ingredients together vigorously in a sealed jar) until completely combined.
- Serve. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for between 1-7 days. (See notes on storage times below.) If you choose to refrigerate the dressing, it will need to be stirred or shaken again prior to serving.
Acid options: This salad dressing recipe also works wonderfully with just about any kind of vinegar — red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, sherry vinegar, etc. So feel free to use whatever will work best for your salad!
Sweetener options: Feel free to add in 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey (or your desired sweetener) if you would like to make this dressing a bit sweeter.
Storage instructions: I find that the lemon juice version of this dressing doesn’t taste so great after more than 24 hours in the fridge. So if you would like to make a larger batch of the dressing to store for up to 1 week, I recommend using vinegar in place of the lemon juice.