Learn how to make authentic Spanish sangria with this easy sangria recipe. It only takes a few minutes to prep, it’s easy to customize with your favorite wine and fruit, and it’s great for entertaining a crowd!
- 2 bottles Spanish red wine (Rioja wine is most popular)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 oranges, one juiced and one diced
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 lemon, diced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- optional sweetener: simple syrup* or maple syrup
- optional bubbles: lemon-lime soda, ginger ale or sparkling water
- Add the wine, brandy, orange juice, diced orange, diced apple, diced lemon and cinnamon stick to a large pitcher. Stir to combine. Taste and add in a few tablespoons of sweetener, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Serve the sangria over ice, topping off each glass with a splash of bubbly soda (or sparkling water) if desired.
Simple Syrup: To make simple syrup, just combine equal parts sugar (or honey) with water. Give the mixture a stir and heat until the sugar (or honey) has dissolved. Then use immediately, or cover and refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to use.