This delicious shallot vinaigrette (French vinaigrette) is quick and easy to make and wonderfully versatile.
- 1 large shallot, peeled and finely minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (about 2 tablespoons juice)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Combine. In a large bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together vigorously for 1 minute or until fully emulsified. (Or alternately, vigorously shake the ingredients together in a covered mason jar until fully emulsified.)
- Serve. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.