The famous “Shrimp Fra Diavolo” ingredients…in a pizza! Spicy, fresh, and full of flavor!
- 1 medium pizza dough, homemade or storebought (I used Pizza Dan’s recipe
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white or red wine
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven (and baking stone if using) to 425 degrees F.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet. Saute for one minute, then flip shrimp and saute until the shrimp is just seared on both sides. Remove and transfer shrimp to a separate plate.
- Add an additional 2 Tbsp. oil to the skillet. Add onions and saute for another 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and saute for one minute. Add wine, and deglaze pan for one minute. Then add tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let simmer and reduce for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, brush or mist the top of the pizza crust with the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Sprinkle about half of the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the pizza, leaving a 1-inch border. Then evenly spread the tomato mixture on top of the cheese. Add the shrimp in an even layer, and then cover with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until dough has risen and cheese is melted. Remove and garnish with chopped fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.