All of the goodness of garlicky, buttery shrimp scampi — made easy on the grill!
Shrimp Scampi Skewers Ingredients:
- 1 pound raw large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on or off)
- 3 lemons, sliced into thin half moons (or wedges)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- garlic parsley butter (see recipe below)
Garlic Parsley Butter Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (**see below for non-alcoholic substitutions)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley, loosely packed
- First, prepare the garlic parsley butter. Heat butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add in the white wine, and stir to combine. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped fresh parsley. Use within 15 minutes, or pop the saute pan back on the stove (or microwave) for an additional minute just before serving to re-melt the butter.
- When you are ready to make the skewers, heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Thread the shrimp and sliced lemons onto skewers. Sprinkle evenly with the salt, black pepper and crushed red peppers. Then place on grill for 3-4 minutes per side, until the shrimp are pink and no longer opaque. Remove shrimp from the grill, and brush liberally with the parsley butter and squeeze the grilled lemons over the shrimp. Serve immediately.
**Much of the alcohol will cook out while grilling. But for a 100% non-alcoholic version, simply omit the wine and substitute in chicken or vegetable broth. OR just omit the wine and add an additional 2-3 tablespoons of melted butter.