This Sizzlin’ Spicy Szechuan Stir-Fry is quick and easy to make with beef, chicken, shrimp or tofu. Feel free to make it as spicy or mild as you prefer!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or other high-heat oil), divided
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly-sliced
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 batch Szechuan Sauce
- optional toppings: thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, extra crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large sauté pan over high heat.
- Add steak and sauté for 4-5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until cooked through. Transfer steak to a clean plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, along with the onion and bell pepper. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally, until cooked by still slightly crispy. (I don’t like my veggies to be too soft in a stir-fry.) Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute, or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the steak and Szechuan sauce to the veggies, and toss to combine for about 30 seconds, or until the sauce thickens up.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over rice or noodles, sprinkled with your desired toppings.