This 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken could not be easier, but it’s still wonderfully flavorful and moist.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 lbs.)
- 1.5 cups (12 oz.) bbq sauce*, either homemade or store-bought
- Lay chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker, and pour the bbq sauce on top. Toss once to combine so that the chicken is evenly coated in the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken in the slow cooker, and toss it once more so that it soaks up the remaining juices.
- Serve chicken on buns or however you would like, drizzled with some extra bbq sauce if desired.
*If making this recipe gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free certified BBQ sauce.
**If you would like a sweeter BBQ chicken, you can also add in 1/3 cup packed brown sugar to the slow cooker.