This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is extra-easy when made in the crock pot, and just as irresistible and delicious as always!
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat cream cheese, roughly cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese*
- 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce** (I recommend Frank’s)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- (optional toppings: extra crumbled blue cheese, thinly-sliced green onions, chopped celery, and/or a drizzle of hot sauce)
- Spray the inside of the bowl of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of the slow cooker, and stir until combined. (You can also stir the ingredients together in a separate bowl, and then transfer that to the bowl of the slow cooker afterwards.)
- Cook on high for 1.5 – 2 hours, or until the cheeses are all melted. (Alternately, you can also cook this on low for 3-4 hours, or until the cheeses are all melted.) Give the dip a good final stir, then transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with extra blue cheese and green onions if desired. Serve with chips or your desired dippers.
*If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, feel free to leave it out.
**If you do not like much spice/heat, I recommend starting with 1/2 cup hot sauce. Then once the mixture has cooked, give it a taste, and you can always add more.