This Sparkling Red, White and Blue Sangria recipe is fun, delicious, easy to make, and guaranteed to be the hit of your patriotic party!
- 1 bottle dry white wine, chilled
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup brandy or orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- 1 bottle sparkling white wine, chilled (such as cava or champagne)
- 3–4 Granny Smith apples, cut into star shapes if desired
- Stir together white wine, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and orange in a large pitcher. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours*, so that the flavors can meld.
- Once you’re ready to serve the sangria, stir in the sparkling white wine, apples and a handful of ice.
- Serve immediately over ice and enjoy!
*Recipe Update: The original version of this recipe called for 1 cup of apple juice (or white juice) instead of the brandy. I prefer the liqueur to give it more of a kick and reduce the sweetness of the sangria.
*Chilling Time: Heads up that the longer the sangria sits, the redder it will likely become. So if you would like a whiter sangria, I recommend serving it immediately.